Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Look Into The Past


I thought it would be a good idea to look back in time at Christmas Advertisements that were bad before and around the time that I was born! Christmas commercials today are all in high definition and try to tell a very complicated story in a very short period of time that is easier to understand. As I watched these commercials, they felt more genuine and closer to home. I love seeing some ideas in these 80s and early 90s commercials that are still being used today, such as the Cookie Crisp ad. The commercial is very similar to the advertisements that Cookie Crisp are releasing today as well as the ads that I watched in my younger years while being tuned in to Nickelodeon. I feel as though the majority of these commercials were aiming at the sentimental and the perfect home idea such as Folgers and Coca-Cola. It was a different time back then, so these advertisements probably seemed normal or nothing extraordinary to the people in that time, but now that I am looking at them about 25 years later it makes them seem very goofy and awkward.

-Grant Ausbury

No comments:

Post a Comment